Buying a refurbished Toughbook
What is a Bob Johnson's Computer Stuff Inc. refurbished Panasonic Toughbook?
A refurbished rugged laptop from Bob Johnson's Computer Stuff is a genuine used Panasonic Toughbook that has gone through our extensive refurbishing process. This process includes (but is not limited to):
- Full testing of all hardware
- Replacement of any non-working or cosmetically inadequate parts
- Thorough cleaning
- Installation of a new Windows Operating System (as per Microsoft Refurbisher standards)
- Quality control to ensure that each unit is in Grade A condition and fully functional
Because of our close relationships with several quality vendors, many of the Toughbooks we refurbish come to us as former rental units, which tend to be well maintained and often have relatively few usage hours
What are the advantages of buying a refurbished Panasonic Toughbook from Bob Johnson's Computer Stuff Inc.?
- It'll cost you about half what a new one would (sometimes even less!)
- Personable and individualized customer service
- Reliable equipment that meets our high standards
- Behind every item we sell is nearly two decades of experience in the refurbished computer business. We've been around longer than Toughbooks have.
Is it possible to purchase an extended warranty on my refurbished Panasonic Toughbook?
Absolutely! Every unit that we sell comes standard with our Limited Lifetime Warranty. If you would like to extend your parts and labor coverage, however, you have the option of purchasing and extended warranty for 1, 2, or 3 years of coverage from the date of your initial purchase.
Repairing a Panasonic Toughbook
I broke my unbreakable laptop. Can you fix it?
Probably! Unless the entire thing was somehow liquefied, ground into a fine powder or steam-rolled, we can probably repair it. Here's what you'll need to do:
- If it's under warranty: Give us a call at (877) 202-7788 and fill out the repair form. Send us your Toughbook and we will fix the unit and return it to you at no charge for labor (charges for parts may apply, but we'll always call you before we do anything that would cost you money).
- If it's not under warranty, or if you bought it somewhere else: Simply fill out our repair form and we'll email you shipping instructions. When your computer arrives, we will diagnose it then contact you regarding your repair/replacement options.
What types of repairs are available?
Our technicians provide a full-range of Panasonic Toughbook repairs, including, but not limited to:
- Panasonic Toughbook touchscreen replacement
- Hard drive replacement
- Operating system re-install
- Motherboard replacement
- Memory/RAM upgrades
How long do repairs take?
We strive to diagnose and repair all units within 48 - 72 hours of receiving them. Most repairs are shipped back to the customer in no more than 72 hours. However, complications do occasionally arise, such as being unable to reach a customer for verification of repair or needing to order a part. Nevertheless, we will always do our best to complete repairs in a timely fashion.
I think my repair is pretty simple. Can you tell me how to do it myself?
We can't diagnose your computer without seeing it in person, and we can't give you instructions via telephone or email for a computer we haven't diagnosed, but if you are sure you know what the problem is, you are welcome to take a swing at it (at your own risk, of course). If you need a little guidance, feel free to check out some of the many tutorials on our YouTube channel or our new, ever-growing DIY section.